Sunday, January 23, 2005

Paint Job Pro
Spent the last two days giving my entire pc casing a paint job.
By "entire" I mean everything; interior,exterior,drive bays,faceplates of optical drives and floppy drive.
Why a sudden need to do a paint job? Well,it's all thanks to a stupid external HD casing I bought recently. It works perfectly in school but when I plug it into my PC's usb port...Zap! My screen freezes. After that,the pc cannot be turned on. The mobo's chipset is busted! So...if I'm taking out the mobo to be brought to Corbel to claim it's warranty...I might as well give my pc a nice little makeover.

Let me take you thru my journey along with a series is pics:

Dismantling the faceplates of the optical drives and floppy drive is simple.
Then they are lined up to be painted.

Some of the various parts

The final result! Lovely ei...

Next up is the casing,but the cables are first wrapped up in cellophane.

And here's what I did to the power button using some blue-tac. Genius!

Here's the button after the blue-tac is removed. Removal is pretty easy,just use a small lump of the unused blue-tac and rub it against those that filled the gaps on the button.

And here's what happened to most of the casing after some spray painting.

On to the sidepanels. Gave it a nice smooth coat of white...

Drew a nice little design on it and masked it up with some masking tape...

Then sprayed it with some clear lacquer and...Voila! An instant work of art!

Finally, here's the overall look of the interior. Pic is a little outta focus cos hands are a little shaky after a day of spraying,lifting,assembling and etc.

Here's the Cooler Master Blue LED Fan that made it look great.

Here's the completed project...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home