Monday, January 02, 2006

Shelving Solutions
I knew one day I'd need more space to put up my gundam model kits.
For weeks, I've been planning how and what kinda shelves to use.
I even drew up a 1/10 scaled plan on a piece of paper to see how it'll look.
Finally, I settled on KV Shelves.
They look like those adjustable shelves you'd see in departmental stores.
It's the industrial look that I love about it.

I bought my materials from my local hardware store and the glass shelves from IKEA.
It's pretty cheap; the frame, brackets and stainless steel screws totalled up to $64.50 while the glass shelves are $8 each.

Before


After




Looks pretty cool, doesn't it?

And I can't believe I spent my new year's day doing up the shelves.

It took me about 5 hours to measure, mark, drill and fit the shelves onto the wall.

Soon, I'm gonna be expanding this shelving unit to 11 or 12 shelves.

Updated:

I bought 3 more shelves from IKEA and the required brackets from my hardware shop.

Now I have a set of 9 shelves.

My Gundam backlog is arranged on the top shelves while the completed kits are displayed below.

The completed kits(as of 05 Jan 2006).

The backlog(as of 05 Jan 2006).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home