Friday, March 11, 2005

LED Lamp for Tank
I'd need some time to do this little project because I'd need to find time to go to the workshop to "source" for some raw materials to fabricate the chasis of the lamp.
But the initial circuit testing has been done.
Six ultra bright white LEDs are to be used for the lamp.
From the pics, it seems like blue LEDs are also not bad.
So, I'm think of having a total of twelve LEDs (6 white & 6 blue) and a switch to choose what colour of light I want. Thus, only six LEDs are operating at one time.

6blue and white LEDs (I only have 2 whites & 4 blues a the moment)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6close-up on the white
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6top down shot
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The power that I'm using to drive the LEDs are from an old "chiong" charger for a panasonic handphone.
It's rated as 5 - 11V, but upon measurement, it could only give out about 6.5V.
Hence, the resistors I'm using are about 200ohms. I intend to get lower valued resistors so as to achieve better brightness of the LEDs.
I've also dismantled the charging head so that I could extract the wires for testing.

6ratings of the adapter
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6adapter head dismantled
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home