Saturday, August 25, 2007

LOOKING FOR A CHEAP LIGHT TENT

While searching for 'tent' on yahoo, I came across someone selling his Ikea kids tent.
It is rather big and has mostly white covers all around.
So I decided to go to Ikea to see for myself.

Here it is, the KOJA @ $11.90.



On closer inspection, the canopy is made up of real canvas like those which painters use to lay on the floor to prevent splatter.

Not a suitable material.


As I walked around I saw a clothes storage bag thingy.
It's material is what I'm looking for but its dimensions are too small or should I say too shallow.

SKUBB @ $15.




There's another version of the SKUBB with slightly larger dimensions.



The laundry bags looks suitable too but its dimensions are a tad small and its thin raincoat materials looks like it could turn yellow real easy.


Then I came across some fabrics which are sold for the curtain blinds.
They look rather thin though, but I can always double lay it, they come in 60cm x 300cm.
60cm is a bit too short to make up the smallest side of the light tent cube.

ANNO LILL @ $4.





In the end, I went back empty handed, so it's back to the drawing board.

As usual, some irrelevant pix.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home