Friday, September 17, 2010

[DIY] TOOL CABINET WITH LED INTERIOR LIGHTING
I picked up a spoilt mini wine cellar at the lift landing one day and thought it would make a decent tool cabinet for my collection of multitools.
I went to Sim Lim Tower today to get some LED strips and a convertor(230Vac to 12Vdc, 1A) as I intend to install some interior lighting for the cabinet.

The warm white LED strip is $32/m, I got 0.5m for this DIY project.
There's 3M double-sided tape on the back of the strip.
I would also need a convertor($6) too as the LED strip runs on 12Vdc.




Inside the wine cellar there's an exisiting switch for a small LED.


I took it apart and used it as the switch for the new LED strip lighting.


I will mount the convertor at the back of the wine cellar.


I took out all the damaged components previously, now this is what's left.


Temporarily hooked up the LED strip to see if it's working.


I spent quite some time figuring out how to mount the LED strip to optimise the lighting.


The convertor is installed and wired up.


The wiring is also soldered the switch.


Testing the completed circuit before mounting the switch box and LED strip.


How it looks like on the inside.



Turned ON.





A short video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home