Saturday, November 10, 2007

HAN KEE FISH SOUP
@ Amoy Food Centre

It's Saturday, hence it's try-those-food-that-I-ain't-got-time-to-queue-for day.

On weekdays lunch hours, I never fail to see a long queue at Han Kee.
I said to myself, "It's just fish slice soup what......"
But for today, I finally understood why they can generate such long queues.



I ordered the thick bee hoon fish slice soup.

Large generous slices of fish c/w skin.


Once you bite into the fish slices you'd know that it's fresh and of top quality.
It's texture is ultra smooth (due to the coating of starch I believe).
The meat is so tender that when you pick up the slices of fish, the meat parts itself.
It almost looked like stingray to me.

The soup is clear and light, not heavily garlic-ed or msg-ed like most other fish soups.
You could just drink the tasty soup on its own because it's not oily too.



The Han Kee Fish Soup is definately a MUST try.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger WILLIAM TAN said...

if u have tried "Piao Ji"
you will probably think nothing of "Han Kee".
That is that really "Must Try"

 
At November 11, 2007 1:51 AM, Blogger Laurens said...

issit fish soup too?
or porridge?

saw it upstairs and laff at its name

 

Post a Comment

<< Home