Sunday, September 30, 2007

BUKIT TIMAH NATURE RESERVE

During the middle of the week, Ah Peng jio'ed me to go for a hike up Bukit Timah Hill on Sunday.
I'm not really a hiking kinda guy by I promptly agree anywhere since I've never been to the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve before.

Within the reserve, there's a hiking and biking trail.


Once I walked in from the main road, I was greeted by a bunch of monkeys.
I wonder how the residents cope with these pesky primates.






Most of the paths are made up of roots.


Some are stoney steps.

I saw an uncle sprained his foot while descending.
Luckily his family was with him.

These steps are a breeze to trek on.



Sorry Don for the blur pic, hands were a bit shakey.
BTW, what's that bulge in your shorts?! LOL


One of the better pathways.


While we were checking out the directions on the signboards along the route, an auntie told us that a certain route leads to a small waterfall.

And this is what we found......LOL.


More of a longkang than a waterfall.


Surprisingly, most of the monkeys hang around the early part of the public road that leads to the visitor centre instead of within the forest.



The various antenna stations which we saw along the routes.




Here's a map of the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.

We took the red route to reach the summit.
Then descend thru the orange route.
Along the way, we cut into the minor routes like North View Path, Seraya Loop, Kruing Path and Taban Loop.

After the morning hike, we went to the nearby Beauty World for the Hong Wen Mutton Soup.
The last time I had it was during my poly days.
It still taste as good.



1 Comments:

At October 05, 2007 1:24 PM, Blogger WILLIAM TAN said...

It must be fun hiking Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. The monkeys reminded me of the them when I met the 'violent monkeys' during my hike.

Hong Wen Mutton soup! ah.... like old times... must really revisit them one of these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home