Thursday, January 17, 2008

FUJIFILM FINEPIX F50FD
I've always been a fan of Fujifilm's Super CCD sensor and high ISO capabilities.
The F31fd is one of the highly reputed cameras in Fujifilm's compact PNS camera line-up.
But since I've already gotten my Sony T10, I didn't bother to upgrade it.
Recently, my T10 died on me. It couldn't be switched On.
It was out of warranty also and when I took it to the service centre for a quotation, I was disappointed to learn that it would cost $10 to have it analysed, $80 to have it serviced and who-knows-how-much for the spare parts if required.

Hence I decided that it was time for an upgrade.
The F31fd is great but it's no longer available in the shops as it is an old model.
The latest model is the F50fd which packs a whooping 12 megapixels.
People from the forums argued that the 12MP is actually a disadvantage to the 6MP F31fd because it "amplifies" the noise in the images.
But I'm still SOLDed by the F50fd as it has the same Super CCD sensor, face detection of up to 10 faces and the latest Dual IS system which helps to cut down on blurness in my images caused by handshake.

Probro and I scouted Sim Lim Square for the typical package prices of the F50fd.
We were quoted $499(the standard promotional price), $480 and $460.
Then one fine day while probro was having his lunch at Holland V, he chanced upon Parisilk Electronics and was quoted $450 for the same package.
He informed me of the latest deal, it made my wallet itch and the rest is history......

You can catch the F50fd's review HERE.

The promotional package includes the camera, 2GB Kingston SD memory card, pouch, mini tripod, screen protector and a SD card reader(not shown here as I had to go get it at a later date).






2GB Kingston SD Card



Fujifilm Camera Pouch


Screen Protector

I had to comment on the screen protector that was given to me.
Yes the camera spec sheet states that the display is 2.7inch and the screen protector states that it is 2.7inch.
It should be a perfect match......but it ain't because the camera display is only 2.65inch(upon measuring).
The screen protector had to be trimmed and when it was put in place, it's trimmed edges cannot be flushed onto the screen(this is due to it slight curling).
But I can live with it.
So actually it's more of the display screen rather than the screen protector.

Mini Tripod


I had the same one given to me by 12" bro.

SD Card Reader(USB 2.0)



I didn't notice that it wasn't provided in the package when I bought it.
So I went back two days later to collect it.

The Fujifilm FinePix F50fd - Silver
















Sample Pictures:

Night shot.


Demonstrating its DOF capabilities.
Focusing from the front battery to the back.





A shot with a shallow DOF.

1 Comments:

At February 03, 2008 2:14 AM, Blogger WILLIAM TAN said...

the power of god is in ur hands.
use it well and u will make magick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home